Receta de Olive and Mango
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 cups lentils, picked and rinsed
- 8 cups ham broth/stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 heaping cups spinach or chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, 3 teaspoons lemon juice from 1-2 lemons plus more for serving
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs like parsley or dill plus more for serving
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large soup pot or dutch oven, over medium heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring occasionally until they are softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the garlic, lemon zest, cumin, coriander, chili flakes, turmeric, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the lentils, and ham bone broth and the bay leaf. Increase the heat to bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cook, partially covered, until the lentils are tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove pot lid and stir in the spinach , allow to simmer another 3-5 minutes.
- Take the soup off of the heat, and then stir in the lemon juice and fresh herbs. Taste for more seasoning or lemon juice as adjust to taste.