Receta de Efrain Antonio
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Total Cooking Time: 50 minutes
4 slices of bacon
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. butter
10 oz. small button mushrooms, sliced
3 lbs. chicken pieces
2 spanish onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
13 oz can whole tomatoes
1 cup chicken organic broth
1 cup cream
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
2 tbsp. thyme leaves
6 small red potatoes, cut up, unpeeled
1 bunch asparagus
- Chop the bacon into large pieces. Place a large, heavy-based pan over medium heat. Brown the bacon, then remove and set aside on paper towels.
- Heat half the oil and 1 tbsp. of the butter in a the pan until foaming, at medium to low heat, then stir in the mushrooms and cook until softened and golden brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan with the rest of the butter, at medium heat . When the oil is hot, brown the chicken pieces in batches over high heat until the skin is golden all over and a little crisp. Remove from the pan.
- Heat the remaining butter in the pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, or until softened. Pour in the tomatoes, stock and cream. Return the bacon, mushrooms and chicken pieces to the pan and simmer over medium-low heat for 25 minutes. Stir in the potatoes when there are 10 minutes left to finish cooking. Stir in the herbs, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and simmer for another 5 minutes before serving.
- Microwave the asparagus tips for 4 minutes in 2 tbsp of water.
- Serve the stew. Garnish with the asparagus tips.